Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summertime Fun

I have lots to add today since I got this idea to use my
new Little Yellow Bicycle to make a Recipe Box
and a few other things.  The colors were super bright and
filled with lemons and watermelons and things that would
be perfect to hold recipes for my summer goodies that I 
make when the temperatures are super hot and I would rather
be cooking on the barbeque or making salads.

For this project I cut 2 pieces of paper 12 x 4 and glued them
together and used my favorite Scor tape to hold it on to the
metal lunch tin box that I purchased.
I cut a white Spellbinders scallop and put the word recipes on it 
and used one of the clear transparencies by LYB over it. 
For the border I used a Martha Stewart punch and glued that on the top and
bottom of the lunchpail and then added ribbons and some of the
 flower stickers and buttons that come with the set.

For the inside I made dividers for my recipes
and decorated them with scraps of paper. I can't 
wait to put in lots of fun recipes now :)

I was in a creative mood and wanted to find
a few cheap things to create with so I hit the $1 store
and found this cute dry erase board so I created
the backround on a flat canvas board for stability
and added lots of chipboard pieces and used my 
handy dandy crop a dile to make holes for a ribbon
at the top to hang it up in the kitchen.  And now here
is a plug for my favorite glue..  I used Scotch quick dry
adhesive to glue all this down and no lie it only took me
about 10 mins to put it together once all the pieces were 
cut... it works awesome for flowers too.

Here are a few cards I made with the scraps from
the first 2 projects.  They are super simple from my
normal things but sometimes you need a quick card
to give and its fun to make things to have ready when
you need them for a gift or just to send......



Thanks for stopping by... 

Hugs,  Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Love the recipe box - you should show it of at Debbies creative cooking blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy these eye-catching projects so much. the bright, summery colours make them such fun

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...