Monday, August 13, 2012

Journal Monday 2

Today is my second in 6 posts of Mondays to share
some fun journals that I am creating.  This week I made
a fun tropical journal to take with me on my trip to Hawaii in
the future.  I am trying to use all the scraps and bits
of things I have bought so that I can put them to good
use and not just storage again.  And making these 
journals does exactly that. And.... it's really fun!

This beach themed journal is using papers
from LYB 2012 Summer Collection and lots of
flowers and chipboard pieces.  I basically start
by cutting pieces to cover the journal and glue
that all down well and then I take the chipboard and 
flowers that I made from the set and start laying them
 out like a puzzle on top of it.  When I get them where 
I want them I start gluing them down with glue dots 
and foam dots to make it pop up and look really fun 
and 3 dimensional. It's alot like making a collage.
Just grab lots of things and see what goes together 
that you really love and then the magic happens!

I had some rhinestones that matched with this
so I added them on the flowers and around the page.
On the edge of my book I tied lots of twine and a bit
of fuzzy yarn and added some cute little flowers.
And don't forget to add the year and/or the date so
that you can remember when all the fun happened!


Here is the glues that I like to use.  I thought this would
be good to share because some things stick and some don't
and I have tried them all with all the years I have been doing this.
I love Scor Tape, Scotch Quick Dry, Glue dots and 
Foam dots the best.  Another great product I just found is Xyron
Mega Runner the permanent one.  It's awesome and it's refillable.


So that's it for today, I hope you liked it and
be sure and check back next Monday for a fun 
School journal filled with fun pockets and such!  

Have a very wonderful day,  



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful project! I hope all is well with you and yours. love the blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...