Monday, August 6, 2012

Journal Mondays

Wow its Monday already and I thought that I would
post something new that I did yesterday with some
fun papers I got from Kaisercraft Check in Collection.
Since my kids are older and I finally get to travel more I 
thought I would create a bunch of different journals so that
I had a place to record my memories and put bits of tickets
and things I collect along the way.  You see I am so guilty
of not scrapping them right away so having these journals
helps me to get all the info right when I am behind. And
it's a great thing for kids and then you get their version of
the story when they do things and go places too!!

So here is my first one for this Monday....


For all my journals I used an inexpensive Composition
book and I will be doing lots of fun things to change
up the insides of them each Monday.  But today --I 
am sharing this one I did by cutting the different pieces 
of the Travel papers and using a little bit of MME On
the Bright Side to mix in with it. Quick Tip: Cutting the 
papers on their edges will give it more interest instead of
just flat rectangles and to age it a little-- i used a
Making Memories distress tool around all of them.

With all the amazing dies from Spellbinders released
 I always seem to find something fun to add to my projects
and made a cute little camera and a photo edge for the side.
Since Spellbinders dies emboss you can sand the
edges and the designs pop out like on the camera!
It's a really cool thing and is great for vintage projects.

My favorite adhesive for these books is Scor Tape,
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives
EZ Runner and some sticky glue dots for the flowers.
These work really good and will hold up nicely with wear
and tear on your books through time.  And if you want to 
seal it you can use Beacon's Fast Finish Decoupage.  It's 
thinner and doesn't bubble so bad. You gotta love that!

So that's it for today and hope you go out and grab
a stack of these composition books and join me on 
Mondays to make some fun Journals for yourself and
maybe a friend or two :)
I will have dimensions available on the next ones but
this was one of those creative things that I decided to
do at the last minute so I apologize!  Have a fantastic
day and lots of smiles and hugs to you!

Teresa


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Teresa what a stunning creation and donnas dies are super well done , love your blog so I am your newest follower Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...