Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Media Mixage from Spellbinders

I finally get to share a fun project that I did for CHA
this past month!  Spellbinders is partnering with two
amazing artists-Susan Lenart Kazmer and Jen Cushman
and offering some amazing jewelry pieces to design with.  
We had the opportunity to create too and one of the projects 
I made was this fun Wild West Belt that you can see here...
on the Spellbinders Gallery!!  

 For this project I used lots of the New Bezels that they 
designed and created and filled them with embossed papers
 and colored resins and sparkly crackle polish.

Here is a closer view of the resin and the faux leather
that I created using papers and one of the brand
New Metal Embossing plates from Spellbinders.

To make this project you will need ICE Resin,
enough Bezels to fit around your waist or hips,
embossing plate, square dies and re inkers to dye
the resin with, PPA Gloss and brown distress ink.

First you will cut and Emboss the papers and chipboard and
ink around the leather looking pieces to distress each of them
a little bit more.  You are going to glue the chipboard
pieces in the square bezels first just enough so that
when you put the textured piece of paper in it will
be level with the top.  Add a thin coat of a glossy
coating like PPA when it is dry as shown to fill the bezel.


For the round Bezels I started with a tinted batch
of ICE Resin in each and let them dry.  Then I painted each 
with crackle polish and let them dry again.  Then I wiped each
of the bezels off with a soft cloth and polish remover to 
get a distressed look.  When it was dry I coated it one more time 
with ICE Resin and let it dry for 24 hrs.
When all the pieces were dry I attached them together with a fancy
bead and wrapped thin wire between each bezel about 3-4 times.


For the ends I added a chain and a large clasp to
attach it together to wear it with my favorite jeans
or over a blouse.  It was really fun to create and
I think I would love to make another maybe filling
each bezel with resin to look like turquoise.. but
that's another project down the road and I hope that 
you try some of these when they come out in stores
and create something special for yourself!! Be sure 
and check out the other Media Mixage Projects from
Spellbinders in the gallery here.....

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! How fab is this!!! Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday :) Carole Z XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool belt! I just started playing with Spellbinders bezels and I'm having a blast! I'll have to get a hold of some Ice Resin too! There is so much that can be done with these bezels! Those you've used are quite pretty! Great idea, well done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...