Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fun with embossing...

So the other day I was looking for something special in my local
craft store and came upon the markdown area.  I found
a cute frame and some kraft flowers each for $1 so I thought
lets see what i have at home and what i can put together.
And I have time to do something so this is what I made.


To make the flower frame 
 I used some scraps of kraft paper I had and drew out
the shape of the frame and embossed it with my
big Spellbinders M-bossabilites folder called Garden Lattice.
This I glued down and let it dry so I could sand the edges.
And then I inked around all of it with my 
chalk ink from Tsukineko... love the gingerbread color!

One very cool thing about their folders is that you get 2
designs in one folder.. You just flip it the other way and
the other design is on the other side.  It's really neat 
and it saves lots and lots of space.... 


A really fun trick to making the designs pop is to just 
take a chalk ink and run it carefully over the top so that
the designs are nice and shaded.  This was the perfect
pattern to use and I added black lace with scor-tape to the
outside and then a thin band of black printed cardstock
on the inside rim with scor tape.  The ribbon is black
seam binding and I inked the sale flowers that I got to match
and tucked in some leaves to fill in the gaps.  It needed 
just a thin piece of ribbon on the inside edge and that was
all and I am really happy with the way it came out.
It's kind of vintage looking western and I really love
all the texture that it has... I am not a flat paper kind of
gal and I think that is why I love Spellbinders so much..
It's pretty much in my blood now so you will always
see something from their amazing line of craft dies and things.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!!
Hugs,  Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...