Sunday, December 15, 2013

First Butterbee Scraps Post up

Hi Everyone, today is my first post up for Butterbee Scraps 
and I have a couple of fun quick and easy things to share with all of you.  

My first project is an ornament that i made with one of 
the larger bronze Filigree Embellishments #941. We are decorating
everywhere in our house and after decorating my daughters tree
I had the perfect inspiration to create my own ornaments for it.


The big bronze filigree shape was the perfect size piece to use 
as the base and I started by gluing two of the pieces together with E600. 
That way if the ornament turned both sides would be pretty.
 Then I glued on the bronze cabochon filigree #F805-B  on the front
of the ornament and let it all dry.  


My next step was to add some really light pink fine glitter 
with some wet adhesive into the circle in the center of the ornament 
and let that dry. Then I glued on the acrylic dome over it.


To make the dangle, I used a bronze flathead pin and added
a clear bead, then a teardrop pink bead, another clear bead and a then
a matching pink bead and created a loop to attach it to the base with
my needle nose pliers and my nylon jaw pliers.  For the top of the ornament
I added 2 jump rings and then bent a piece of 20 gauge bronze 
wire to form a matching metal loop to hang up my ornament.  Lastly
 i finished it by gluing on a pink bow to give it a really feminine feel.  Wouldn't 
this be so pretty on a tree filled with clear glass and pink ornaments?

My next project is a paper box that I created with snowflake paper I 
had in my stash and I used a few Spellbinders dies and finished it 
with a beautiful Butterbee Scraps Filigree embellishment and the 
same circle filigree embellishment I used for the center of my ornament.


To create my box I cut 2 pieces of 6x6 paper and scored them 1" 
all around the four sides and then cut four slits and folded the sides
 in and glued them together.  To make my box sturdier
I also put a small 1/2" paper strip around the top to reinforce it.

Then I cut 2 pieces of the Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two and
layered them on the top with adhesive and foam dots.  My next 
step was to cut/emboss the Venetian Motifs die in both yellow
and aqua and layer that on the top with more foam squares.  


To finish it I glued two pieces of Bronze filigree 068-B in opposite 
directions and then glued on the beautiful Cabachon # F805-B.  This
time instead of filling it with glitter I traced the clear dome and cut
out a matching piece of paper to put under it and then glue both of them
down.  I added a few clear rhinestones on the top to make it a little 
more fancier and that was all it needed.  The filigree pieces are so
pretty and ornate and they finish everything so beautifully.


I hope you liked the projects I made
with all the wonderful products you can get from Butterbee Scraps!

Have a wonderful day,  Teresa


4 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa, I love these projects..the ornament is fabulous and will look lovely on the tree and the box is beautiful, a gift in itself, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are gorgeous projects, they are lovely for gifts :) have yourself a very merry christmas with your friends and family :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...