Saturday, January 31, 2015

Something fun....

This month at the CHA show i was so blessed to see all the new products
being introduced and also got to meet a few amazing artists along the way.
By far my favorite besides Suzanne from Quietfire and everyone at Spellbinders
i got to meet Andy Skinner from Deco art and found his new line of paints.
Well all i can say is wow and i had to have all of them!!  It's a fun mixed media
line that has lots of fun colors and mediums to mix but with a little twist.
Oh and one of my favorite stamp companies Stampendous is joining with
him and Spellbinders to create lots of really cool projects to do.


I love to paint and this started off as just a wooden heart and i used a base layer
of gesso and then stenciled on some modeling paste to create that circle layer.
Then i added a layer of Media antiquing cream and then stamped on another
layer of paint with a flowery stamp i had in my stash.  And then i used just a
little bit of Deco Art Metallic lustre in brown and aqua with a damp t shirt to
get the pattern to show up a little more. There is also a product called
interference and it by far is the coolest product.  It was great fun.  And those cool
little flowers are made with a Spellbinders die and i made them in a
soft gold metal and painted them up a little too with aqua mulit surface paint.


Here is a closer look at the heart. The stamp was from a Valentine set by Technique
Tuesday and i used Archival ink for that.  Anyway i have to go and teach my second
class today up at Scrap N Yap but i have more to share this week and i am
sure i will have lots more with this really fun new product line!!

Thanks so much for stopping over today, Happy Saturday to you all!

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is stunning Teresa, I am going to have to try this and you have got me needing those paints :) I love your florals (I have that flower die and love it)..as I said, stunning! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping over Carole and you will have so much fun with his paint line if you get it. Big Hugs from California :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful,stunning work with the paints.
    Your work is lovely,wish I was artistic

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love the colors...so calming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the colors...so calming!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...